- What is the warranty on our vinyl products?
- What is the warranty on our aluminum products?
- What is the warranty on deck flooring?
- What is the warranty on deck installation?
- What does our open-ended workmanship warranty cover?
- Do we offer financing?
- What type of maintenance is required on our vinyl products?
- How will my vinyl fence and railing perform in hot and cold weather conditions?
- Will our vinyl fence and railing products discolor or fade over time?
- Can our vinyl products be painted?
- What type of maintenance is required on our aluminum products?
- How do our aluminum fence and railing products compare to similar steel or wrought iron products?
- Will our aluminum fence and railing products rust over time?
- What decking material do we carry?
- What type of maintenance is required on TimberTech AZEK?
- Is Trost Plastics eco-friendly?
- Our vinyl products come with a limited lifetime warranty on material. The manufacturer’s warranty covers defects in material when installed properly and under normal and proper use. This includes peeling, rotting, blistering, rusting, flaking, corroding, abnormal discoloration, and/or abnormal weathering.
- Our deck installations are covered by our open-ended workmanship warranty. The Treated Pine Framework is covered by a 5-year material and workmanship warranty. The railing is covered by a manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty on material and our open-ended workmanship warranty on installation.
- Yes, we offer 6 month special financing with approved credit through Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. We also accept checks and all major credit cards. Credit card payments can be taken over the phone, but as a small business we do appreciate if our customers can pay by check to help keep our prices low.
- These products are very low maintenance. A garden hose or pressure washer can be used to clean your vinyl fence and railing. To remove stubborn dirt and grime, a soft bristled brush (similar to what you would use to clean your vehicle) can also be used. For best results, start at the top of the fence or railing and work downward. General-purpose household cleaning products or a soap and water solution can be used, but should be rinsed thoroughly. We recommend and carry a product called Mold Armor to remove algae, mold, or mildew, which should also be rinsed thoroughly.
- Like any exterior PVC-based building product, vinyl fence and railing will absorb heat and cold and expand and contract as temperatures change. It is normal for the fence and railing to be more stiff and rigid when cold and more flexible when hot. The fence and railing are engineered to withstand these normal changes in temperature.
- We use industry-leading material with a proprietary formulation of titanium dioxide, premium grade stabilizers, and UV inhibitors that provides superior durability and assures minimal weathering. This is backed by a limited lifetime warranty on material and an open-ended workmanship warranty on installations.
- These products are very low maintenance. A garden hose or pressure washer can be used to clean and maintain the beauty. If using a pressure washer, do not exceed 1,000 PSI and keep the nozzle tip at least 18” from your fence or railing. For best results, start at the top of the fence or railing and work downward. General-purpose household soaps and detergents can be used, but should be rinsed thoroughly with water to remove any residues. Do not use any product that can damage a painted finish. Drying with a soft white cloth will prevent water with high solids or mineral content from leaving spots.
- The biggest advantage is our product is maintenance-free and will not rust. It is as strong as steel and has a powder-coated paint finish that is twice the thickness and hardness of a typical baked finish, making it more fade and scratch resistant.
- We stock and use TimberTech AZEK decking on the majority of our installation projects. However, we can order TimberTech PRO and TimberTech EDGE products for material-only sales. TimberTech AZEK is a low maintenance, cellular PVC decking product backed by the industry’s best warranties. With 13 color options, this product offers the look and warmth of natural wood, but lasts longer and requires less maintenance.
- TimberTech AZEK is a low maintenance, cellular PVC decking. However, periodic cleaning will help maintain the beauty of your deck. A garden hose or pressure washer can be used to clean it. When using a pressure washer, a fan tip nozzle is recommended at a maximum pressure of 1,500 psi. Spray with the grain pattern and not across the grain to avoid damage. TimberTech offers a cleaner, but you can also use soap and water or an all-purpose cleaner. When cleaning with anything besides just water, be sure to rinse thoroughly. A stiff, natural fiber brush can be used if necessary.
- We are always looking for ways to be environmentally conscious. This includes using products such as our AZEK deck boards that have a core made of 100% recycled plastic material. Over 90% of the scrap vinyl material created in our shop or on our job-sites is recycled for use in other plastic products. In 2019, our company made a huge stride in our efforts to be Green by installing a solar panel system that fully offsets the energy requirements of our fabrication shop and showroom.
““I really enjoyed my experience with Trost Plastics. I called them to come out and give me a quote on installing a fence. They were very eager to help me and understood what I wanted. They took in-depth measurements then gave me a quote that day. They were the most reasonably priced and offered the best fence that I could find on the market.
I would not hesitate to ever call this company again for any of my fencing needs. Everyone that I spoke to via phone or in person was professional and I truly felt like a valued customer. My dog and I could not be happier with our new fence!”
- Laurie P.
““Trost Plastics was a joy to work with. The folks who came out from Trost were friendly, patient, and very knowledgeable.
They took their time to understand what my needs were, walked the property with me, provided several options and discussed the pros & cons of each. All in all, it was like having a relaxing conversation with a neighbor.
I was so impressed with their professionalism, experience, and knowledge that I went with them. They arrived on time, finished the work in one day, and with very minimal disruption to the yard. I would highly recommend this company.”
- Craig M.
““Thank you and your crew for the new and beautiful railing & spindles. My wife and I are most pleased.”
- Dick & Shirley J.
““Over the years I’ve made several purchases from Trost Plastics. It all started with perimeter fencing around the home, a Gazebo and flower box. I’ve added more fencing, a specially built wide staircase to include handrails, trellises, a privacy section to conceal air conditioner, a privacy fence around patio perimeter and recently placed another order.
I give thanks to Dennis, Janet, and Ellen for providing years of quality products and keeping customer satisfaction a priority. In addition, I give thanks to all team members for supporting customer satisfaction by their dedication to maintaining high work standards.”
- Marvin F.
The materials came in on time and the workers worked quickly to get the job installed even in freezing weather! They cleaned up all materials and left our property in great condition. The workers all know exactly what they are doing and work quickly and efficiently. I would recommend them to anyone wanting fencing installed!”
- Cheryl S.